Next event in:

  • 00 DAYS
  • 00 HR
  • 00 MIN
  • 00 SEC
+
<>

Worship

EARLY RISER? Join us @ 8 a.m. in the Sanctuary to renew your spirit. Special music every 4th Sunday by the Ambassadors of Joy!

THE COFFEE AND TEA ROOM opens at 8:45 upstairs in the fellowship hall.

ADULT AND YOUTH SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES @ 9:30!

LOOKING FOR A MORE CASUAL SETTING? Try our 9:30 service in the fellowship hall! Music and Internet support in a coffee house setting!

LOOKING FOR A TRADITIONAL SERVICE? Join us at 11 A.M. to enjoy our Youth

Click Here
SUMC

News

Click Here

Ambassadors Of Joy

Ambassadors Of Joy
AOJstanding

New To Strasburg

Are you new to Strasburg?

More Informations
New to Strasburg
“The first church building of the Strasburg Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1876.  The first full-time minister was Rev Lafayette Fox in 1877.  The building was torn down and the first brick Methodist Church built in 1908.  In 1923 the church was remodeled, making it a two-story building and adding additional space at the north end.  In 1954 the Millard Rewis, Jr. Educational Building was dedicated.   In 1976 the Centennial Homecoming was celebrated with Rev Clyde Nuckols.  In 1994 an elevator was installed and dedicated in memory of members of the congregation.  The last Homecoming celebration was in 2004.  In 2009 the stained glass windows were restored.”

“The Methodist Parsonage on W. Washington St was built in 1879 by Luther D. Funkhouser and his wife, Catherine Keister on land acquired from the Keister family.  The church bought the house in 1945 from the Funkhouser heirs.  At that time the property had a white picket fence facing Washington St and was surrounded by a spacious lawn.  The Parsonage still includes many distinctive architectural features of the Victorian era in which it was built, including the beautiful front porch, large center hall, the extraordinary bronze in the dining room fireplace and the mantels in most of the other rooms.”

TheChurchandParsonage

 

 

Special Thanks to Strasburg Virginia Heritage Association for allowing us to use this information

Keep in Touch
Hide Buttons